Raising money for camp can often be an overwhelming task, and yet, it is also one of the most important things to plan prior to camp. That’s where we come in! We’ve put together a list of fundraising ideas to help you make sure you get the money you need for camp and to help even more kids have the opportunity to hear about Christ this summer at CentriKid. Check out the list of fundraising ideas below:
- Envelopes This is a new idea we heard about from Angela, one of our awesome group leaders in East Texas. Collect standard envelopes and number them from 1 to 100. Place the envelopes on a table in a central location in your church, and then ask members to take an envelope (or more than one) and simply return it with the corresponding amount of money inside. This provides a wide spectrum for folks that can give a little or folks that can give a lot, and the total you will raise if every envelope is returned is $5050!
- Plan a Meal Sunday afternoon meals are a great way to earn money for camp. Encourage kids to serve as waiters and waitresses. Some meal suggestions include spaghetti, chili or soup, sandwiches, or pancakes. These are all low cost meals, so you will have very few expenses to deduct from the funds you raise.
Tip: Instead of setting a particular price, ask for donations. Many guests will be very generous.
- Compile a Cookbook Encourage kids, parents, and families in your church to submit recipes for your cookbook, compile all the submissions, then print the book and sell it in your church or community. You can get your cookbook spiral bound at a company like FedEx, or to save money, punch holes in your pages and place them in a folder.
- Car Wash This is a fun way to serve others and earn money for camp. Make sure to announce the time and location of your car wash to the members of your church.
- Scholarships Ask members of your church to sponsor individual kids from your group. This can be anonymous if you choose.
Check out these links for even more fundraising ideas from our team at CentriKid Camps, and please comment with your ideas! We love to hear about new ways to earn money for camp.
2012 Fundraising Ideas
2011 Fundraising Ideas
Making Sure Everyone Gets to Camp
Fundraising Idea…Kroger Cares
Fundraising // Waiting Tables
2010 Fundraising Ideas