Raising the funds to get to camp can be one of the most stressful parts of the camp experience. At this point your deposits are due, but you are looking at the rest of the money wondering from where it will come. Take an opportunity to take a deep breath, because today we hope to give you plenty of great methods of raising the money. Here is the 2014 Fundraising Ideas list.
- Talent Show : Need I say more? Have the kids going to camp share their talents with people willing to come and watch them perform. You don’t want the parents to be the only ones there so make sure you advertise online, at their schools with the teachers, and by word of mouth invitations.
- 5k Race : 5k races have become wildly popular. You will need to do some preparation in creating a course, talking with your city about your event, etc. However, this is an event that could become a staple on your church calendar. It can be a healthy option for participants and could attract people outside your congregation.
- Dodgeball Tournament : Tell me where you are having it and I will try to be there. Dodgeball is one of the most fun games ever created. Have teams within the church sign up together (e.g. small groups against different small groups). Charge an admission fee and provide a trophy.
- Outdoor Movie : As the weather gets better make sure you use it to your advantage. For this you will need a large projector. Maybe your church has one or the local High School or College might loan you one. Beyond a projector all you need is the space seat everyone, great sound from a passport system, popcorn and other snacks. Also you can start the show with some great Peach Videos.
- Profit Share : Many local businesses will share their profits with you for the day. An organization I was involved with once did this at Chick-fa-la. This is the simplest idea. All you need is the publicity to let people know your cause. Check around in your area for businesses open to profit sharing.
Here is a complete list with all our Fundraising Tips from years past.