Kids camp is an important week of the summer, so just as you might have a prayer for VBS or commission a team to go on mission, you should also consider preparing a send-off for the group going to CentriKid. When a Pastor shows his support for kids camp, the whole church body will have better awareness of this awesome week of kids ministry. This video shares the impact from one pastor who was able to experience CentriKid first-hand with kids from his church.
The Kids Ministry leader might have different opportunities to go on-stage or equip the church Pastor to share with the congregation about camp.
Leading up to the Summer:
- Your Pastor can set the stage for fund-raising
- The Pastor can help cast vision for adult leaders needed to attend camp with the kids
- Remind parents about payment deadlines and the camp forms
- Encourage parents and kids to bring visitors/neighbors/school-mates to camp with the group
- Read the key verse – John 17:3 and challenge the whole church to memorize it along with the kids!
The Week Before Camp:
- Pray for kids and leaders who are going away for camp
- Share spiritual direction – provide the Pastor a short paragraph to read from stage (see example below)
Our elementary kids and their brave leaders are going to CentriKid next week. Their camp theme is “All Access” and while the kids will play games and have a lot of fun, they will also be learning that God wants Himself to be known. He has given us an “all access pass” by revealing His name and by revealing the way to Him through a relationship with Jesus. Pray for our kids to have receptive hearts as they hear at camp that God is not hidden, and He wants a relationship with each of them.