For ten years I have been serving as a missionary to the South Bronx. In this place, God has worked more than I could dare ask, hope, or imagine. Honestly, He has done just as much in my life as He has done through my life. All that I have learned can be summed up with one word, faith.
Faith is trusting that something will happen because of what has already happened. Faith reaches with two hands, one to the past and the other to the future, and informs us what to do now.
I write to you today in faith.
Looking back, Graffiti 2 can testify to the great things accomplished by God. Countless testimonies abound from ten years of ministry. This vibrant ministry has birthed a church that God is growing as we continue to plant seeds of the gospel while we meet the needs in the Mott Haven community. Check out some videos of this work by visiting our Vimeo channel (vimeo.com/graffiti2ministries).
In the past, God has abundantly provided through the family of God. Centri-Kid was a big part of that in 2013 as you faithfully shared your mission’s offering with Graffiti 2
Looking ahead, I believe in total confidence that God has given us a clear vision moving forward. This vision involves
- Continuing to strengthen our existing programs to children, teens, and families in the Mott Haven community.
- Coaching adults to become the best they are capable of becoming through our workforce development program.
- Growing the kingdom of God by meeting needs, sharing the Gospel, and discipling believers through Graffiti 2 Baptist Church.
- Beginning other new works in other communities of need across New York City.
- Providing training in upside Down Kingdom Planting to individuals and churches so they can impact communities of need across the country.
Standing in the middle of the past and the future, faithfully I am stepping and asking you to step with me in the present. In the coming six months Graffiti 2 is endeavoring to find God’s earthly resources for moving forward with this vision. To many individuals, it may seem impossible. We are endeavoring to raise more money in six months than we have in ten years. In my kingdom, this is impossible. However, in God’s kingdom, all things are possible.
To accomplish our goal we will be hosting Catch the Vision events across the country. We also will be coordinating a Week of Giving, May 3-9, 2015. More information can be found about these efforts by visiting our website.
We need your help in accomplishing our goal. Will you
- Pray for Graffiti 2’s Vision?
- Give to support Graffiti 2’s Vision?
- Host a Catch the Vision Event?
- Rally others by hosting a fundraiser or challenging others to give during our Week of Giving?
We know in the end, it is all up to God, but He has worked through you, the family of God, in powerful ways to bless the ministry of Graffiti 2.
About the Guest Blogger:
Andrew Mann is the Pastor and Executive Director of Graffiti 2. In February of 2005, Andrew joined the staff of East 7th Baptist Church/Graffiti Community ministries to assist with youth programs and begin preparing for the new ministry plant of Graffiti 2 Community Ministries. In August of 2005, Andrew moved to Mott Haven and currently oversees the mission, vision, strategy and implementation of Graffiti 2 Community Ministries. CentriKid is proud to partner with Graffti 2 to help kids and communities have a life-changing encounter with Christ.