Are you so excited to serve as a CentriKid staffer on one of our 8 teams this summer? Alumni staffer, Elizabeth Hyndman, prepared this list of things to do before camp so that you will be completely prepared… Enjoy!
1. Get up early each day.
2. High-five everyone you see, for no reason at all.
3. Jump up and down for 15 minutes, at least 4 times daily.
4. Yell. Scream. Shout. Do this often, even after your voice is almost gone.
5. Eat each meal (including breakfast) in under 15 minutes, while trying to maintain conversation with a 10 year old. Try to steer the conversation toward deep topics like the child’s home life or spiritual walk.
6. Try to relate every single aspect of your day to Jesus, the Bible, or church.
7. Try to get people to play games. Outside. On the hottest day of the year. Tell them that this is your favorite part of the day.
8. Load and unload a moving truck full of boxes, sound equipment, sporting goods, and suitcases from a truck once a week. It would be best if you could find someone to throw these boxes to you.
9. Go into a room full of children. Attempt to hold their attention for an hour and a half.
10. Constantly be excited.
11. You may sit down for approximately 20 minutes, toward the end of the day, in a dark, air-conditioned room. You must not fall asleep and you must remain completely alert.
12. You may go to sleep around midnight each night.
13. Learn to take 5 minute showers.
Welcome to camp!
Elizabeth worked as a CK staffer from 2006-2009. She lives in Nashville where she’s a grad student and an Admin Assistant. Also, she writes. And drinks a lot of tea. You can read more of her writing at edhyndman.com or follow her on Twitter @edhyndman.