Your VBS is coming soon. For some of you soon means next week. If you are interested in a large group game option I hope you will consider playing CentriKid’s hallmark game OMC. Many people have the game, if not you can purchase it at exclusively at the CentriKid Camp Store at your CentriKid location.
Did you know each year the CentriKid Office teams up with the VBS writers to make theme specific task cards? Find them here! All you have to do is print these off and add them to your stack of OMC cards. One of my favorite Journey Off the Map OMC Tasks is “take some shaving cream and give yourself an explorer’s beard.”
If you have never played OMC before here are the basics you need to know.
- OMC stands for Organized Mass Chaos.
- Split your kids into different groups. At CentriKid we split our groups up by color team, which coordinates with the grade the kids have completed.
- The object of the game is for a group collectively to complete the most individual tasks.
- Each kid is given a task card and whenever they complete it they put it in their teams bucket only to retrieve another task to complete.
- The game lasts anywhere from 10-20 minutes based on supplies and the weather. (I would cut the game short if it is really hot.)
- There are three rules
- You cannot say no
- Return all equipment to the No Fly Zone
- Do not enter the No Fly Zone
OMC is something to be experienced. I hope you get a chance to play it at your Vacation Bible School or Backyard Kids Club this summer.