Summer is here! This is the time that kids not-so-patiently wait for all year long, and it’s finally here! Chances are, fewer kids than normal are showing up to church services because of vacations and the less-structured life that summer brings.
Here are 5 ways you can keep kids involved even during the summer. These activities will get the kids to church and will give you opportunities to minister to them. We don’t ever want kids to view church the same way as they do school, so these are some tips that will keep kids anticipating going to church each week!
1. Cookout – Have a cookout with burgers and hot dogs. Try to cookout somewhere with a pool and invite all the kids’ families. This will give you a chance to make connections with the parents as well as the kids.
2. Take the kids to a putt-putt course one Wednesday night!
3. Water balloons! Everything is a little more fun once water balloons are involved. Have a water balloon war or other competitions involving water balloons where kids can have fun and get soaked.
4. Homemade Ice Cream Social – everyone loves ice cream! Get the rest of the church involved and have a homemade ice cream competition. You can use this as a fundraiser for camp or just as an opportunity to fellowship a church family.
5. Obstacle Course Mania – set up an obstacle course outside and time the kids to make it a competition. You can create teams or do relays. Kids will love the challenge and the opportunity to be outside and be active.
There are many other fun things to do with kids in the summer. Let us know what some of your favorite summer activities with kids are!