I love the saying on the napkins from Moe’s. You can make art out of anything. The same thing is true with God – He can use anything to make an eternal difference.
My favorite moments in a movie tend to be when a small, seemingly insignificant detail turns out to be really important. It may lead to a major turning point, a breakthrough with solving a puzzle, or a change in a relationship.
In life, there are so many opportunities where God can use something we say or do to make a difference. We don’t get the opportunity to sit in the cinema and watch how the whole plot unfolds, but we do have the promise from scripture that God is at work around us. Consider some of the following simple actions that God can use:
- A kind word – spoken at the right time, this can change the trajectory of someone’s attitude or their whole day, and you never know how God can use that
- A quick phone call to check in
- A gentle word – instead of a sharp one
- A conversation at camp sitting on the sidewalk with a child
- A simple blog post written to inspire and encourage
- Five loaves and two fishes, or your lunch
- An opportunity to serve – a passion for kids ministry can be sparked when an adult begins to help out with kids at church
God is always at work. Be willing to share with others and speak into the lives of those with whom you come in contact. Hopefully an opportunity will come along today!