Have you ever noticed how much we love to win? My nephews root for the Cincinnati Bengals, and needless to say, they have not been happy in a long time. When you and your wife, or husband, get in an argument no one wants to back down… Winning doesn’t make you happy, unless you root for the Bengals.
So try this:
- Hold the door for the person behind you.
- Offer someone your place in line.
- Buy a cup of coffee for the person behind you in the Starbucks line.
- Cut your neighbor’s grass.
- Surprise your spouse with a weekend away, and plan for someone to sit with the kids.
- Write a card to your pastor telling him how much you appreciate his leadership.
- Bring donuts for your Sunday School teachers.
- Help a teacher clean her room.
- Take the janitor cookies.
- Give your secretary movie tickets.
Start with the one you want to do the least. I promise you will be glad you did, and so will they.